It is incumbent upon every institution to organize an effective “Internal Quality Assurance Cell”. This is the foundation on which the quality of the outcome from the Institution is built. In line with this philosophy, the NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council ) has enjoined every institution to establish a system for a continuous assessment of quality control measures. Needless to say that this continuous process needs, periodical verifications and improvements. In other words IQAC becomes a part of the system itself. IQAC, could be described as that which ensures, a conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the day to day activities of the Institutions. In KSU,” IQAC” is embedded as a part of their daily activities .
Goals established for proper IQAC process
1. To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Institution.
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalisation of quality culture and institutionalisation of best practices.
Roles of the Co-ordinator:
The Co-ordinator for the Management Information System Cell, is responsible for establishing the following (defined) practices.
1. To co-ordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
2. To co-ordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
3. To co-ordinate the quality-related activities of the institution.
4. To co-ordinate the preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC, based on the quality parameters.
5. To co-ordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC Committee.
Prof. Girish Chandra V
Internal Quality Assurance Cell,
Karnataka Samskrit University
Pampa Mahakavi Road, Chamarajapet,
Bangalore, 560018, (Karnataka).
Dr Bhaskar Bhatt Joshi:
Sri Ramesh P
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
· Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
· Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
· Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
· Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
· Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
· Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the University, leading to quality improvement.
· Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
· Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
· Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body like NAAC.in the prescribed format.
· Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and ranking of integral units of the University based on the AQAR.
· Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation of quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.
1. The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of the University (such as Academic Council, Executive Council) for the follow- up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
2. The Universitie shall regularly submit the AQARs to the NAAC/other accreditation bodies. The Colleges shall regularly submit their AQARs to the affiliating University, state level quality assurance bodies, NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
3. The University shall submit AQARs and/or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
a) Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
b) Ensure internalization of the quality culture
c) Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices
d) provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
e) Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges
f) Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication